All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.55Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.84Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
- AU $37.64Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $51.27
- AU $30.79Trending at AU $36.54
About this product
- DescriptionThe story of incense is one of the most intriguing in both eastern and western culture. From the first millennium BC to the present day it has been sought after and valued on a par with precious metals or gems. Although incense was a luxury, it was consumed in prodigious quantities by the ancient world, in temples and at funerals, but also in private homes. The papers in this volume look at the role of incense, primarily - though t exclusively - during the Roman period. It is hoped that they will provide a starting point for further research into this important, but neglected, area of social and ecomic archaeology.
- Author Biographyedited by David Peacock and David Williams
- Author(s)A. C. S. Peacock,D. P. S. Peacock,David Williams
- PublisherOxbow Books
- Date of Publication21/12/2006
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxbow Books
- Content Noteb/w illus
- Width170 mm
- Height242 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.