All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.55Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $10.98Trending at AU $15.38
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $51.27
- AU $30.79Trending at AU $36.54
- AU $34.83Trending at AU $37.93
About this product
- DescriptionThe Food of France gives you a real taste of a country that has made food one of the great joys of everyday life. It creates a culinary journey from the restaurants of Lyon to the kitchens of Provence, through the vineyards of Bordeaux to the bakers of Paris, to discover the food that defines today's French cooking: the freshest seafood with herb aioli, winter salt pork with lentils and slow-cooking cassoulet, warm brioche and petits pots de creme. Beautiful photographs shot in France show how to choose the best produce -- from market fresh vegetables to seafood, regional cheeses, and charcuterie. To partner the recipes, special sections explore the essence of French food and drink. Varieties of cheeses, charcuterie, seafood, patisserie, and breads have been photographed to make identification easy. Included are sections on such special topics as: Properly ripening a Camembert The baguette French chocolate Enjoying the best of France's wines and champagnes. About The Food of... series A culinary journey around the world. Each book in The Food of... series is a comprehensive introduction to the world's great cuisine. These books feature more than 100 delicious recipes that highlight each country's culinary treasures. With instructive color photographs throughout, each recipe helps readers choose and identify produce, from vegetables and flavorings to street snacks, sweets, and colorful and exotic fruits. Feature sections explore the essence of each culture's food and cooking techniques.
- Author(s)Kay Halsey
- PublisherWhitecap Books
- Date of Publication01/05/2009
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectNational & Regional Cuisine
- Series TitleFood Of..
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWhitecap Books
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1474 g
- Width230 mm
- Height298 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.