Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionDuring the writing of <em>The Sunny Top of California: Sierra Nevada Poems & a Story</em>, Norman Schaefer was also working on a collection of shorter poems. Originally inspired by Basho's Narrow Road to the Deep North whose images were spare, clean, but vivid with insight, he went on to study Saigyo, Sappho, Pound, Rexroth, and anyone on the trail toward little poems of clarity. The search for precision in language, the intensity of meaning sharp and essential, became a project, which led to the completion of <em>Fool's Gold</em>. These poems do t adhere to any particular form such as haiku or waka, but simply aim for that ringing bell of lucid experience. As the title reflects, sometimes one must realise that t all is what it seems, yet this too must be addressed. <em>Fool's Gold</em> reads like correspondence amongst one's many selves--past, present, future--and everyone you've ever loved. Every morning there are scars, wrinkles, stubble, and the same yellow teeth. Mirrors have always mistaken me for someone else.
- Author Biography<strong>Norman Schaefer</strong> lives in Port Townsend, Washington, USA.
- Author(s)Norman Schaefer
- PublisherLa Alameda Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication30/09/2013
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationAlbuquerque, NM
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLa Alameda Press,U.S.
- Weight136 g
- Width152 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.