All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.38Trending at AU $49.05
- AU $74.37Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $22.12Trending at AU $22.83
- AU $35.50Trending at AU $38.73
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.87
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.49
About this product
- DescriptionFootball coaches and players at all levels are increasingly having to look elsewhere for that 'psychological edge' - the mental discipline of the game is the fastest growing aspect in football coaching. Football - Raise Your Mental Game takes principles from a number of areas of psychology and applies them to football in an easy-to-read, accessible way. Aimed primarily at players but also invaluable to coaches who wish to use the techniques in a team training environment, it includes chapters on self-confidence, keeping focussed and performing consistently, getting motivated for matches, managing anger, relaxation and dealing with nerves, and positive mental practice. With many testimonies and case studies from professional players and coaches in the game, Football - Raise Your Mental Game is a unique resource for this crucial aspect of football.
- Author BiographyRichard Nugent is an experienced coach and has worked with a number of county FAs and leading clubs, including Liverpool, Newcastle United, LA Galaxy, Colchester United and Coventry City. He runs 'Success in Football', a consultancy service providing programmes and training in mental fitness.
- Author(s)Richard Nugent,Steve Brown
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication01/05/2008
- SubjectBall Games: Field & Outdoor
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2008
- ImprintA & C Black Publishers Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight294 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.