All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.30
About this product
- DescriptionThis book provides a comprehensive guide to the evaluation, treatment, and rehabilitation of musculoskeletal injuries commonly experienced by football (soccer) players. It will be of particular value for orthopedists and sports medicine practitioners, and will provide the information required by trainers and medical staff regarding the traumatic lesions associated with the sport. It is also anticipated that the book will assist in reducing the risk of trauma in footballers. The new edition has been revised to reflect advances in kwledge and practice and will be more valuable than ever, given that the risk of trauma continues to increase owing to the intensity and speed of modern football, the current training methods, and technical and tactical invations. Injuries are a major adverse event during a footballer's career, and they require appropriate medical and/or surgical treatment and rehabilitation. The overviews provided in this book will help in delivering such care.
- Author BiographyDr. Piero Volpi is an Orthopedic Surgeon and Sports Medicine Specialist and Director of the Knee Surgery and Sport Traumatology Unit at Humanitas Clinical Institute IRCCS, Milan. He played professional football from the beginning of the 1970s until 1985 while maintaining his medical studies. He is now Head of Medical Staff FC Internazionale Milan, Italy, and is also Responsible Physician of the Italian Association of Football Players (AIC). Dr. Volpi is Teaching Professor at the Speciality School of Orthopedics and Traumatology at the University of Milan. He is also Vice-President of Italian Arthroscopy Society (SIA) and member of several National and International Scientific Societies: Siot, Sigascot,Fmsi, Isakos, Esska, Eka. He is the author of more than 300 publications and over 600 contributions, including book chapters, articles and presentations to scientific National and International meetings .He is Editor in Chief of the Journal of Sports Traumatology and member of Editorial Board of Medicina dello Sport Journal.
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication06/08/2015
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note46 black & white illustrations, 77 colour illustrations, 20 colour tables, biography
- Weight1089 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Edited byPiero Volpi
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.