All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.31Trending at AU $32.13
- AU $75.03Trending at AU $77.01
- AU $12.55Trending at AU $13.05
- AU $46.02Trending at AU $53.13
- AU $41.46Trending at AU $49.82
- AU $28.97Trending at AU $31.76
- AU $12.18Trending at AU $14.05
About this product
- Description<b>The pueblo people who landed on the Fifth World found it Earthlike, empty, and ready for colonization ... but a century later, they are about to meet the planet s owners</b> One hundred years ago, Sand s ancestors made the long, one-way trip to the Fifth World, ready to work ceaselessly to terraform the planet. Descendants of native peoples like the Hopi and Zuni, they wanted to return to the way of life of their forebears, who hored the Kachina spirits. Now, though, many of the planet s inhabitants have begun to resent their grandparents decision to strand them in this harsh and forbidding place, and some have turned away from the customs of the Well-Behaved People. Sand has her doubts, but she longs to believe that the Kachina live on beyond the stars and have been readying a new domain for her people. She may be right. Humans have discovered nine habitable worlds, all with life that shares a genetic code entirely alien to any on Earth. Someone has been seeding planets, bringing life to them. But other sign of the ancient farmers has ever been discovered until one day they return to the Fifth World. They do t like what they find.Originally written in 1994, <i>Footsteps in the Sky </i>is finally being released in digital form by Open Road Media.
- Author BiographyGreg Keyes was born in 1963 in Meridian, Mississippi. When his father took a job on the Navajo reservation in Arizona, Keyes was exposed at an early age to the cultures and stories of the Native Southwest, which would continue to influence him for years to come.He earned a bachelor s degree in anthropology from Mississippi State University and a master s degree from the University of Georgia. While pursuing a PhD at UGA, he wrote several novels, including <i>The Waterborn</i> and its sequel, <i>The Blackgod</i>.He followed these withthe Age of Unreason books, the epic fantasy series Kingdoms of Thorn and Bone, and tie-in novels for numerous franchises, including Star Wars, Babylon 5, the Elder Scrolls, and Planet of the Apes. Keyes lives and works in Savannah, Georgia, with his wife, Nell; son, Archer; and daughter, Nellah.
- Author(s)Greg Keyes
- PublisherOpen Road Media Science & Fantasy
- Date of Publication26/05/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOpen Road Media Science & Fantasy
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight345 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.