Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.16
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.97
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.95
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.45
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.82
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.12
About this product
- DescriptionFar more than an anthology, FOR KING AND COUNTRY is Brian MacArthur's attempt to write a history of the First World War by drawing on the writings of those who were present at the events they describe. Those writings will be drawn from a broad range of sources: from, most obviously, the officers and men who served on the western front at the Somme and elsewhere, accounts of fear and tedium, horror and occasional joy; also from those were left behind on the home front to wait for news of their loved ones. As well as letters, diary entries and memoir extracts, the book will also include the songs sung in the trenches by the men at the front; there are poems too, the less well kwn alongside the familiar. The material reproduced will be linked by Brian MacArthur's commentary and tes to create a seamless and movingly immediate narrative of the First World War.
- Author BiographyBrian MacArthur works for the Daily Telegraph, having for worked many years as an executive editor on The Times. He is the editor of THE PENGUIN BOOK OF 20TH-CENTURY SPEECHES and THE PENGUIN BOOK OF HISTORIC SPEECHES among others.
- Author(s)Brian MacArthur
- PublisherLittle, Brown Book Group
- Date of Publication05/02/2009
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content NoteSection: 8, col and 16pp int b/w
- Weight586 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.