Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $5.99Trending at AU $8.24
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.83
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.29
- AU $68.04Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $44.51Trending at AU $47.12
About this product
- DescriptionIn the early '70's, Jack and Marilyn Kelley move with their four teenage daughters from Greenwich, Connecticut to Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, desperate to save their marriage and escape the toxic corporate culture of New York. They become partners with a charming international entrepreneur/US undercover agent. When the seemingly lucrative businesses fail to produce income, the Kelleys discover their partner has ather side he has neglected to reveal, and they are thrust into a life they couldn't have imagined. A group of colorful characters fueled by greed, corruption and cafezinho befriend the Kelleys, and Jack finds himself in Belem, a border town on the Amazon River, banding with thieves and murderers to pursue his partner and retrieve his plane and his investment. The Kelleys tell their true story of incredible, sometimes life-threatening adventures far from home against a vivid backdrop of Brazil's exotic beauty and Rio's pulsating rhythm.
- Author BiographyMarilyn Kelley lives in Portsmouth, NH with the same husband who moved her, their four daughters, the dog and cat, and their Cessna 185 from Greenwich, Connecticut to Brazil in the early '70's and changed their lives from ordinary to extraordinary. Not only did she live to tell of the Brazil adventures, she and her husband survived raising four teenagers. Since then, the girls have presented them with seven grandchildren and two great grandchildren who appear to have the same grit that the girls developed during their Brazil experiences.
- Author(s)Marilyn Kelley
- Date of Publication06/11/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight386 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.