All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn a place where everyone kws your name you can't forget who you are. Life, love and loss in a picture postcard town is laid bare in this heart-breaking but darkly comic new play. Through a series of interweaving accounts For Once cuts to the heart of a family, and a community, turned upside down by unimaginable tragedy. For Once examines the fallout after a car crash on a country lane takes the life of two local teenagers, through three interlaced mologues by their surviving friend Sid and his parents, April and Gordon, exposing the pre-existing faultlines in the family. Sid has been left partially sighted by the crash, and his account of his life before and since the accident gives an insight into why young people living in what seems like 'ideal' communities are driven to seek thrills elsewhere, sometimes with horrifying consequences. However, far from being depressing, Tim Price's skill at capturing the revealing inarticulacy of the teenager, as well as his troubled parents, makes for unexpected humour. For Once is a powerful and incisive look at life and death in a small market town and premiered on 8 July 2011 at the Hampstead Theatre in a production by Pentabus Theatre.
- Author BiographyTim Price is a writer on the cusp of major recognition, with For Once being the first of three major premieres of his work planned over the next year. His next play, Salt, Root and Roe will be seen at Trafalgar Studios in November as part of the Donmar West End season, and in 2012, his play The Radicalisation of Bradley Manning will open for the National Theatre of Wales in Haverfordwest. He was shortlisted for this year's Verity Bargate Award with his play Will and George.
- Author(s)Tim Price
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication08/07/2011
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Series TitleModern Plays
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMethuen Drama
- Weight82 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Format DetailsHardback (stationery)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $23.46
- AU $30.21Trending at AU $34.66
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $14.03
- AU $21.13Trending at AU $25.62
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.98
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $98.05
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.03
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.