All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEvery family is a ghost story ...' As a child, Charley Benetto was told by his father, 'You can be a mama's boy or a daddy's boy, but you can't be both.' So he chooses his father, only to see him disappear when Charley is on the verge of adolescence. Decades later, Charley is a broken man. His life has been destroyed by alcohol and regret. He loses his job. He leaves his family. He hits rock bottom after discovering he won't be invited to his only daughter's wedding. And he decides to take his own life. Charley makes a midnight ride to his small hometown: his final journey. But as he staggers into his old house, he makes an astonishing discovery. His mother - who died eight years earlier - is there, and welcomes Charley home as if thing had ever happened. What follows is the one seemingly ordinary day so many of us yearn for: a chance to make good with a lost parent, to explain the family secrets and to seek forgiveness.
- Author BiographyMitch Albom is an internationally bestselling author, screenwriter, playwright, and award-winning journalist. He is the author of six consecutive number one New York Times bestsellers and has sold over thirty-five million copies of his books in forty-five languages worldwide, including Tuesdays with Morrie, which is the bestselling memoir of all time. Albom also works as a columnist and broadcaster and has founded eight charities in Detroit and Haiti, where he operates an orphanage. He lives with his wife, Janine, in Michigan.
- Author(s)Mitch Albom
- PublisherLittle, Brown Book Group
- Date of Publication24/02/2007
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight168 g
- Width131 mm
- Height196 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Most relevant reviews
- hoothootstore25 Mar, 2013by
It's a light book, was boring at some parts. But I enjoyed reading it overall. It made a lot of fuss, that's why I bought it, but it wasn't worth all the fuss it made.
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $68.88Trending at AU $78.76
- AU $40.37Trending at AU $43.73
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $23.91Trending at AU $26.88
- AU $11.39Trending at AU $14.07
- AU $19.14Trending at AU $24.13
- AU $13.26Trending at AU $16.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.