CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $78.63
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $71.23
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $114.18
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.73
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $76.35
- AU $12.63Trending at AU $18.69
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.47
About this product
- Description<i>For Sure</i> is among other things a labyrinth, a maze, an exploration of the folly of numbers, a repository, a defense and an illustration of the Chiac language. Written in dazzling prose which is occasionally interrupted by surprising bits of information, biography, and definitions that appear on the page Daigle perfectly captures the essence of a place and offers us a reflection on mirity cultures and their obsession with language. It is also the continuing story of Terry and Carmen, familiar to us from previous works, their children Etienne and Marianne, and all those who gravitate around the Babar, the local bar in Moncton the Zablonskis, Zed, Pomme artists and ordinary people who question their place in the world from a distinct point of view that is informed by their geography, and by their history, politics, and culture. Masterfully translated from French by award-winning translator Robert Majzels, <i>For Sure</i> is the moving story of a family and a surprising, staggeringly original work that represents a corner of our country.
- Author BiographyFrance Daigle: France Daigle is the author of eleven novels, including <i>Real Life</i>, 1953, <i>A Fine Passage</i>, <i>Life s Little Difficulties</i>, and <i>Just Fine</i>, which won the France Acadie Prize, the Prix Eloize, and the Prix Antonnie-Maillet-Acadie Vie. She lives in Moncton New Brunswick.Robert Majzels: Robert Majzels is a novelist, poet, playwright, and translator. He won the Governor General's Literary Award for French to English translation for <i>Just Fine</i>, from the French <i>Pas Pire</i>, by France Daigle (2000). Robert lives in Calgary.
- Author(s)France Daigle
- PublisherHouse of Anansi Press
- Date of Publication29/06/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintHouse of Anansi Press
- Weight998 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine46 mm
- Translated byRobert Majzels
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.