All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRonald Mogg become a poet under the most discouraging circumstances. Trained as a journalist, he volunteered for the Royal Air Force during World War II. Shortly after joining the service his Wellington bomber was shot down and Mogg was imprisoned in Germany along with one other survivor of the crash. He spent much of the war in various POW camps including Stalag Luft I, III and VI. It was in captivity that Mogg discovered he had a rare gift and found his voice through poetry while imprisoned. There he produced the beautiful and heart-rendering poems that comprise this collection. Written in 1944, For this Alone is illustrated with powerful licuts created by one of Mogg s fellow POW J. W. L. Lambert. The resulting package is a stunning collection of war poetry that brings readers close to the experience of the war through the poems of an airman, making this a unique contribution to both poetry and the history of WWII. First released in 1944, the reissue of this collection brings the work of Mogg to a new generation of readers.
- Author BiographyR. P. L. Mogg was a journalist, an airman in the Royal Air Force, and a poet.
- Author(s)R. P. L. Mogg
- PublisherUnicorn Publishing Group
- Date of Publication10/09/2014
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintUniform Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight186 g
- Width134 mm
- Height182 mm
- Spine12 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.45
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.63
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $49.77Trending at AU $51.97
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.72
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.64
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $96.58
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.