All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.66
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.45
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.63
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $51.97
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.72
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.64
About this product
- DescriptionDawud Wharnsby's unconventional approaches to writing and religion challenge paradigms of how we look at our own lives in relation to others and the world through which we all journey. For Whom the Troubadour Sings collects together all the lyrics that have inspired communities of all faiths around the world for over two decades. Dawud's work as a writer, inspired in part by his deep respect for spiritual scriptures and the Qur'an in particular, goes beyond the realms of testimony, praise or propagation. Readers of all ages and faith traditions are offered intimate glimpses or windows into the human experience.
- Author BiographyDawud Wharnsby (b. 1972) first began writing poetry and music and performing while in his mid-teens. His recording career began in 1995 and there have been a string of fifteen recordings including the internationally-popular albums The Poets and the Prophet and Out Seeing the Fields. Dawud has been a pioneer in the development of the English-language spiritual hymn (nasheed) that draws upon Qur'anic teachings. As a voice for socially-conscious and spiritually-minded believers in the 21st century, his work has inspired a generation of educators, artists, poets and musicians. Dawud performs worldwide and frequently lectures at schools, conferences and universities. Dawud and his family reside seasonally between their homes in Pakistan, Canada and the United States.
- Author(s)Dawud Wharnsby-Ali
- PublisherKube Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication04/09/2009
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationMarkfield
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintKube Publishing Ltd
- Weight204 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.