All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThink of your local church. Without art-music, song, dance, etc.-it would be a much poorer place. But if evangelicals have any vision for the arts, it tends to be a thin one. This unique book is an attempt to contribute to a robust, expansive vision for the church and the arts. Its specific aim is to show how the many parts of the landscape of church and art hold together. You can think of it as a kind of helicopter flyover, but one with expert pilots. The guides include the likes of Eugene Peterson, Lauren Winner, Jeremy Begbie, Andy Crouch, and John Witvliet, helping to inspire readers and empower pastor-leaders with a vision of the church and the arts that is compelling, far-seeing, and profoundly transformative.
- Author BiographyW. David O. Taylor is an entrepreneurial artist, advocate, and author. He is a graduate of Regent College and served for eight years as the arts pastor of Hope Chapel in Austin, Texas. He's currently pursuing doctoral studies at Duke Divinity School.
- PublisherBaker Publishing Group
- Date of Publication23/04/2010
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationAda, MI
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBaker Books, a division of Baker Publishing Group
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight274 g
- Width135 mm
- Height212 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edited byW. David O. Taylor
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.06
- AU $20.15Trending at AU $23.77
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.22
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.12
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.23
- AU $30.78Trending at AU $34.76
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.93
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.