All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.93
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.27
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.59
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.47
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.34
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.40
About this product
- DescriptionRacism, race hygiene, eugenics, and their histories have for a long time been studied in terms of individual countries, whether gecidal ideology in Nazi Germany or scientific racial theories in the United States. As this study demonstrates, however, eugenic racial policy and scientific racism alike had a strongly international dimension. Concepts such as a 'Racial Confederation of European Peoples' or a 'blonde internationalism' marked the thinking and the actions of many eugenicists, undergirding transnational networks that persist even today. Author Stefan Kuhl provides here a historical foundation for this phemen, contextualizing the international eugenics movement in relation to National Socialist race policies and showing how intensively eugenicists worked to disseminate their beliefs throughout the world.
- Author BiographyStefan Kuhl is Professor of Sociology at the University of Bielefeld, Germany. He is the author of The Nazi Connection: American Racism and German National Socialism (2002).
- Author(s)S Kuhl
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication06/08/2013
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight440 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine16 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.