All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.30
About this product
- DescriptionStefan Fatsis sends his stunningly perfect, consummately perfect, why-would-anyone-use-anything-else? perfect glove to be restored by the glove designer at Rawlings. Frank Deford makes the case that the baseball cap may be the most universal article of clothing ever designed. Roger Angell considers why it is that pitchers are so much livelier and more garrulous than hitters. George Plimpton reflects on the slow demotion of aging or slumping players from pitcher, to first base, to the outfield. United by the authors' fervent love of the game, each chapter in this book reminds us of the unique role baseball plays in our national history and collective imagination. In addition to the writers mentioned above, the lineup includes: * Kevin Baker * Jeff Greenfield * Katherine A. Powers * Michael Shapiro * John Thorn * Sean Wilentz * And more! Published previously as Anatomy of Baseball and Great Baseball Stories, this wide-ranging collection w includes pieces by A. Bartlett Giamatti, Gay Talese, Matthew McGough, and George Vecsey. Skyhorse Publishing, as well as our Sports Publishing imprint, are proud to publish a broad range of books for readers interested in sports--books about baseball, pro football, college football, pro and college basketball, hockey, or soccer, we have a book about your sport or your team. Whether you are a New York Yankees fan or hail from Red Sox nation; whether you are a die-hard Green Bay Packers or Dallas Cowboys fan; whether you root for the Kentucky Wildcats, Louisville Cardinals, UCLA Bruins, or Kansas Jayhawks; whether you route for the Boston Bruins, Toronto Maple Leafs, Montreal Canadiens, or Los Angeles Kings; we have a book for you. While t every title we publish becomes a New York Times bestseller or a national bestseller, we are committed to publishing books on subjects that are sometimes overlooked by other publishers and to authors whose work might t otherwise find a home.
- Author BiographyLee Gutkind is the author or editor of more than thirty books and founder and editor of Creative Nonfiction, the first and largest literary magazine to publish narrative nonfiction exclusively. He is Distinguished Writer in Residence in the Consortium for Science, Policy & Outcomes at Arizona State University and a professor in the Hugh Downs School of Human Communication. Andrew Blauner is the founder of Blauner Books Literary Agency and a member of PEN, the National Book Critics Circle, and SABR. He is editor of Coach: 25 Writers Reflect on People Who Made a Difference, Brothers: 26 Stories of Love and Rivalry, Central Park: An Anthology, and Our Boston: Writers Celebrate the City They Love.
- PublisherSkyhorse Publishing
- Date of Publication17/03/2016
- SubjectBall Games: Field & Outdoor
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSky Pony Press
- Weight342 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byAndrew Blauner,Lee Gutkind
- Foreword byYogi Berra
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.