All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe sixth edition of Forages, Volume I , highlights plant adaptation and the complexity of forage management by integrating soil, climate, and herbivory factors with production goals. This exceptional sourcebook has been extensively reconfigured to address the needs of today's undergraduate student and provide a foundation for problem solving and decision making in forage management. Sidebars and study questions will aid student review and comprehension. Forages teachers themselves, authors from across the continental United States provide broad, national coverage of key species and management practices in a framework of comparative analysis.
- Author BiographyRobert F. Barnes is Executive Vice President Emeritus of the American Society of Agronomy, Crop Science Society of America and Soil Science Society of America in Madison, Wisconsin. He received his BS degree from Iowa State University, MS degree from Rutgers University and PhD from Purdue University. He served in the USDA, Agricultural Research Service, researching the development and application of forage evaluation methods. He has served as an editor of Forages since the 3rd edition in 1973. C. Jerry Nelson is Curator's Professor of Argonomy University of Missouri. He received BS and MS degrees from hte Unviersity of Minnesota and a PhD from the University of Wisconsin - Madison. He teaches an orientation course for freshmen, a cours in crop physiology and advises graduate students. He researches growth of grasses and persistence of legumes. Michael Collins is Professor of Agronomy, University of Kentucky, Lexington. He received his BS degree from Berea College, MS degree from West Virginia University and the PhD from the University o Kentucky. He teaches an upper-level undergraduate/graduate course on forage management and utilization and advises graduate students. His research is on forage management and postharvest physiology of hay and silage with emphasis on forage quality. Kenneth J. Moore is Professor of Agronomy, Iowa State University. He received his BS degree from Arizona State University and MS and PhD from Purdue University. He has taught graduate level courses on field plot technique and design, pasture and grazing management, and forage quality and utilization. He advices graduate students and conducts research on pasture management and ecology.
- PublisherIowa State University Press
- Date of Publication01/04/2003
- SubjectScience: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationArnes, AI
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIowa State University Press
- Content Note100 illustrations
- Weight1478 g
- Width187 mm
- Height261 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edited byC. Jerry Nelson,Kenneth J. Moore,Michael Collins,Robert F. Barnes
- Edition Statement6th Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $72.68
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $98.73
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.33
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.03
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $48.46
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.03
- AU $25.01Trending at AU $27.16
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.