All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPart of the first exchange agreement between China's Palace Museum and an American museum, Forbidden City: Imperial Treasures from Palace Museum, Beijing accompanies an exhibition of the same name at the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts in Richmond. More than 200 works of art drawn from the collection of the Palace Museum-court paintings, furniture, costumes, sculpture, decorative objects, arms, and armor-highlight the artistic accomplishments of the Ming (1368-1644) and Qing (1644-1911) dynasties, with a focus on the mid-Qing dynasty of the 18th century. In addition, the book features a number of works selected from VMFA's collection. These magnificent artworks, all reproduced in full color, illustrate the splendor of the Forbidden City and offer an intimate look at its rituals, religion, and daily life.
- Author BiographyLi Jian is E. Rhodes and Leona B. Carpenter Curator of East Asian Art at the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts. He Li is associate curator of Chinese art at the Asian Art Museum of San Francisco. Houmei Sung is curator of Asian art at the Cincinnati Museum of Art. Ma Shengnan is associate researcher at the Palace Museum.
- Author(s)Li Jian
- PublisherVirginia Museum of Fine Arts
- Date of Publication15/10/2014
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationRichmond
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintVirginia Museum of Fine Arts
- Content Note190 color illus.
- Weight1656 g
- Width305 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine24 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.01
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.85Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $17.43Trending at AU $19.79
- AU $44.07Trending at AU $51.53
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.