All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe success of books such as Elaine Pagels' Gstic Gospels and Dan Brown's Da Vinci Code proves beyond a doubt that there is a tremendous thirst today for finding the hidden truths of Christianity - truths that may have been lost or buried by institutional religion over the last two millennia. Many people w are delving into the byways of this tradition of inner Christianity, hoping to find an alternative to stale dogmas and blind beliefs. Among the most compelling of these lost traditions is Gsticism. Forbidden Faith explores the legacy of the ancient esoteric religion of gsticism, from its influence on early Christianity to contemporary popular culture.
- Author BiographyRichard Smoley is one of the world's most distinguished authorities on the mystical and esoteric teachings of Western civilization. Educated at Harvard and Oxford universities, he worked at a wide range of journalistic positions before becoming editor of Gnosis, the award-winning journal of the Western spiritual traditions, in 1990, a position he held up to 1999. He is the coauthor (with Jay Kinney) of Hidden Wisdom: A Guide to the Western Inner Traditions (Penguin Arkana, 1999), and is the author of Inner Christianity: A Guide to the Esoteric Tradition (Shambhala, 2002).
- Author(s)Richard Smoley
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication05/01/2007
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight318 g
- Width130 mm
- Height205 mm
- Spine16 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.06
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.78
- AU $6.83Trending at AU $10.44
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.49
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.41
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.65
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.