All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.66
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.45
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.63
- AU $98.80Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $49.77Trending at AU $51.97
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.72
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.64
About this product
- DescriptionUndeniably, the 1990s were a period of crisis for the Canadian Forces. Drastic budget reductions and a series of endless scandals all collided to form the perfect storm. The outcome of this was thing short of the implosion of the Canadian Forces Officer Corps. Stripped by the government of the right to regulate itself, the Officer Corps, which represented the nation's stewards of the profession of arms, was forced to reform itself. Key to this transformation was education. However, the road was t easy, as cultural change rarely is. Forced to Change tells the story of how the Canadian Forces found itself at its lowest point in history and how it managed to reform itself. The question is whether it was a fundamental transformation or just a temporary adjustment to weather the storm.
- Author BiographyColonel Bernd Horn is an experienced Canadian Forces infantry officer and military educator. He has authored, co-authored, or edited more than 35 books, including No Easy Task: Fighting in Afghanistan and No Lack of Courage: Operation Medusa, Afghanistan . He lives in Kingston, Ontario. Dr. Bill Bentley has served in the Department of National Defence for 46 years. He received the DM/CDS Innovation Award for writing Duty With Honour: The Profession of Arms in Canada , and the Meritorious Service Medal for his contribution to the reform of the CF Professional Development System. He lives in Gananoque, Ontario.
- Author(s)Bill Bentley,Colonel Bernd Horn
- PublisherDundurn Group Ltd
- Date of Publication28/03/2015
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationToronto
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintDundurn Group Ltd
- Content Noteglossary
- Weight1 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Foreword byRomeo Dallaire
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.