All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $30.86Trending at AU $31.45
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.84Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $51.27
About this product
- DescriptionGangs, riots and peace as outcomes of societal processes. Ecological relationships between a society and its communities over time (social history). Expalins broad aspects of evolutionary processes to peace and violence. Discusses current dogma of peers, parents and DNA, and dismisses killing over turf, status and revenge in favor of fundamental causative elements. Examines psychological, emotional and physical aspects of societal violence and local community violence. Suggests systemic changes for permanent solutions; Discusses the three types of gangs: Traditional (same group), Hate and Predator, and new Hybrids as sub-category of Traditional gangs. Discusses race, racism, eugenics then and w and how factors into ongoing n-productive efforts. What went wrong, how and why? Describes how solutions can be found by understanding the social evolution of Peace and Violence. Explains fundamentals of source and causes of gangs and other community violence. Combines advanced community kwledge with computer modeling with super-cybertechlogy to develop an individual community prescription toward peace.
- Author BiographyNew paradigm on community violence from gangs to riots. Incorporates analytics: application of computer technology, operational research and statistics with advanced knowledge of community dynamics. First Gang Czar in Los Angeles, 1970's to 1990's. US Congressional Record for designing first Target Area Strategy incorporating multiple entities toward reducing violence in Los Angeles Ca that remains basis of current strategies. This is first step in real and workable solutions to community violence on reservations, in barrios and in ghettos.
- Author(s)MR Steven David Valdivia
- PublisherSdv Publishing
- Date of Publication14/05/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSdv Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight263 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Introduction byEdward James Olmos,Mike Farrell
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.