All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $31.45Trending at AU $32.35
- AU $56.25Trending at AU $57.83
- AU $161.21Trending at AU $168.83
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $68.01Trending at AU $77.08
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $79.00
- AU $12.87Trending at AU $16.85
About this product
- DescriptionIn the stories that comprise Foreign Brides, women (and men) cope with marriage across cultures in London, New York, and a constellation of European and Israeli cities. Transplanted from one country to ather, women like Israeli Nora, Russian Vera, and German Paula settle into lives of persistently unfamiliar if t utterly strange routines, lives that are stirred up from time to time with a very crooked stick. With perfect pitch and a poker face, Lappin has composed these insidiously funny tales about love and survival in an international -man's land of marriage.
- Author BiographyElena Lappin was born in Moscow and grew up in Prague and Hamburg. She has edited two anthologies of European writing in English translation and was editor of the Jewish Quarterly. She lives with her husband and three children in London.
- Author(s)Elena Lappin
- PublisherPicador USA
- Date of Publication18/11/2000
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPicador USA
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight290 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.