All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.50Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $143.50Trending at AU $152.13
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $55.99
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.47
- AU $20.94Trending at AU $25.71
- AU $20.25Trending at AU $21.96
About this product
- DescriptionExamine the changing nature of foreign investments in Latin America! Generously enhanced with easy-to-understand charts, tables, and graphs, this book covers the ins and outs of foreign direct investment in the established and emerging markets of Latin America. In addition to an overview of direct investment for the entire Latin American region in the 1990s, this valuable book examines specific countries' experiences with FDI in that decade. These include Argentina, Chile, Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Ecuador, Paraguay, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, and Nicaragua. Spending on environmental projects is on the rise, and Latin American nations are at the forefront of this financial whirlwind in the developing world. Foreign Direct Investment in Latin America: Its Changing Nature at the Turn of the Century examines the difficulties of assessing environmental investments. It analyzes the role of international capital in Latin-American environmental issues and discusses the major players, such as the World Bank, in international capital and the environment. Foreign Direct Investment in Latin America presents case studies that illustrate: * the history of FDI in Argentina and the impact of the privatization of state-owned enterprises in 1991-1993 * the similarities and differences between 1990s FDI in Mexico and Chile * the ways that modern investment in Brazil differs in purpose from investment there in previous ecomic eras * how Peru addressed its balance-of-payments crisis in a time when its domestic financial markets were thin and there existed few sources of financing besides banks * how Paraguay's historical lack of infrastructure has hampered FDI efforts there * Ecuador's financial and balance-of-payments crisis-its currency is in free-fall and its financial institutions are on the brink of collapse * ...and much more! Foreign Direct Investment in Latin America packs all this valuable information into a single user-friendly source. As we move into the new millennium, student, educator, or investor interested in this quickly evolving, volatile market should be without it!
- Author(s)Werner Baer,William Miles
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication18/09/2001
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationBinghamton
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHaworth Press Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight362 g
- Width156 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.