Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.42
- AU $27.80Trending at AU $30.93
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $26.96
- AU $29.33Trending at AU $32.03
- AU $71.17Trending at AU $80.38
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.78
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.13
About this product
- DescriptionIn this book Judith Cherry analyses the impact of ecomic and cultural globalization on efforts to promote inward foreign direct investment (IFDI) in South Korea over the past four decades. The book traces the development of Korean IFDI policy from one of restriction and control to one of encouragement and promotion. Specifically, it focuses on the challenges inherent in reforming the 'software' of IFDI promotion (socio-cultural issues, mindsets and perceptions) as opposed to changing its 'hardware' (systems, laws and regulations). Although the Korean government has made sustained efforts over the past decade to enhance Korea's attractions as a host for inward investment, it has faced significant challenges in improving Korea's IFDI performance. The discussion in this book of the wide range of transparent and n-transparent barriers that continue to hamper efforts to promote inward investment draws t only on the Korean debate concerning strategies for maximizing the benefits of IFDI, but also on the assessment of the Korean business and investment environment revealed in interviews conducted with European investors and officials in Seoul. Foreign Direct Investment in Post-Crisis Korea will appeal to students and scholars of international business, ecomics and globalization, as well as those with a more general interest in Korean society.
- Author BiographyDr Judith Cherry is the Lecturer in Korean Business and Management at the University of Sheffield. She is the author of Korean multinationals in Europe and received the MBE in 1999 for services to exports to Korea.
- Author(s)Judith Cherry
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication03/10/2007
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Series TitleRoutledge Advances in Korean Studies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note58 black & white tables
- Weight498 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.