All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe foreign exchange market is the largest and most liquid financial market in the world. In recent years its volatility has been especially prounced, which has posed problems for investors, companies and governments attempting to manage their ecomies. The management of exchange rates has become integral to ecomic performance and to the political landscape. 'Foreign Exchange, The Complete Deal', part of Harriman House's Applied Essentials series, is a comprehensive guide to this broad and exciting market, and how it is traded. James Sharpe, a foreign exchange practitioner with more than 30 years' experience, unravels the important features of the Forex market to give a clear understanding of the issues and processes involved in foreign exchange transactions. This book begins with an exploration of the historical and theoretical background to the markets as they exist today. The transition from a fixed exchange rate system to a floating system is examined and insight is given on the processes that determine exchange rates and how the system employed impacts government policy.There is also a detailed section about the influence interventions by central banks have on the market.The focus then moves to foreign exchange in practice, the core of the book. Topics covered include: - The range of foreign exchange transactions available - including spot, forward, broken date, n-deliverable forwards (NDFs), swaps and options - and how they can be used, with clear worked examples - How foreign exchange prices are quoted; bid-offer spreads; pips - How foreign exposures are hedged - How banks and dealers cover their exposure in the market and make profits - A discussion of tools that are used to analyse the market, including technical analysis - Factors that influence foreign exchange prices on a daily basis including a detailed look at liquidity - How professional traders analyse markets and provide a blueprint for professional trading - How best to choose and manage the relationship with foreign exchange providers This is an indispensable guide for those who need to understand more about the commercial realities of currency trading and hedging, providing a clear and thorough explanation of the complete world of foreign exchange.
- Author BiographyJames Sharpe has been involved in the financial markets since the late 1970s. He has a degree in economics and a Masters in finance. His early career was geared towards financial analysis and wholesale lending but from 1980 his role has been treasury based. Unlike many who write financial books he is still writing out deal tickets and advising clients. James' range of experience is extraordinary and is unlikely to be repeated. He has worked in the US and the Middle East where he was responsible for the region and interbank/central bank relationships. He has combined positions of trader and foreign exchange sales but it is in the latter area that Jim has focused and where he has run a number of desks. He has worked for a range of institutions around the world, including in the US, Japan, Scandinavia and the UK. He has dealt with an array of counterparties including banks, corporates, central banks, funds and multinationals. In recent years he has completed 'the hand' and deals with high net worth individuals and corporate customers at a leading private bank.
- Author(s)James Sharpe
- PublisherHarriman House Publishing
- Date of Publication09/01/2012
- SubjectFinance & Accounting
- Series TitleApplied Essentials
- Place of PublicationPetersfield
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHarriman House Publishing
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight438 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.39Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $74.58Trending at AU $75.65
- AU $22.13Trending at AU $22.74
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.58
- AU $31.31Trending at AU $37.07
- AU $17.66Trending at AU $22.78
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.