All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
- AU $20.16Trending at AU $25.71
- AU $30.12Trending at AU $32.49
- AU $28.45Trending at AU $29.55
About this product
- DescriptionWest Asia and North Africa (WANA) region is socially vibrant, ecomically promising and geo-politically volatile. From the 1973 oil crisis to the Arab Spring and from the African Peer Review Mechanism (APRM) to the Islamic States of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) crisis, the region has seen it all. India's engagement with the region has been historically evolving. India shares strong cultural ties with the countries of the region. The trade and diplomatic relations between India and WANA countries are also witnessing an evolving trend. The Persian Gulf states have already been termed as our extended neighbourhood, while most of the African countries are becoming preferred destinations for Indian investments. In fact, India and WANA countries are mutually indispensable for each other in terms of natural resources, sea routes, maritime security, geo-ecomic co-operation, potential markets and participation in global value chains. Given this backdrop, the present volume contains 11 well-researched papers, authored by experts in the field of India's foreign policy.
- Author BiographyDr. Faisal Ahmed is presently Associate Professor and Chairman of International Business Area at FORE School of Management, New Delhi. He has also taught at Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT), New Delhi as a visiting faculty. He has been consultant to the United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Western Asia (UNESCWA) and also to The Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry of India (ASSOCHAM). He has also led projects supported by the Ministry of Commerce and Industry and Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India. He has travelled extensively in India and abroad on academic assignments. Dr. Ahmed has written several research papers, chapters in edited books and monographs. His articles have appeared in The Financial Express, Business Standard and The Economic Times. Dr. Suresh Kumar is currently Professor and Head and Director (2015-18), Department of African Studies, University of Delhi, Delhi. He has travelled widely in East Asia, Europe, South America and Africa on research and teaching assignments. He is an active member of the Africa Committee of Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) and an executive member of Indo-Africa Chamber of Commerce in India (IACCI). Dr. Kumar has published 125 articles in different books, journals and newspapers.
- PublisherNew Century Publications
- Date of Publication31/01/2016
- SubjectInternational Relations
- Place of PublicationDelhi
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintNew Century Publications
- Weight544 g
- Width145 mm
- Height230 mm
- Edited byFaisal Ahmed
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.