All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.19
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $19.03Trending at AU $22.17
About this product
- DescriptionConcerned by the ever-widening chasm between Paul and Reformation theology, Forensic Apocalyptic Theology is a thorough and invative examination of the mature work of Karl Barth in relationship to the question of Paul and the Protestant doctrine of justification. Shann Nicole Smythe argues that the basis of Barth's revised doctrine of justification is located in his mature Christ-ology, which is both deeply apocalyptic and thoroughly forensic. Closely analysing Barth's exegetical work, Smythe discovers in Barth what she terms a forensic-apocalyptic approach, which allows him to formulate a doctrine of justification with stronger ties t only to the Reformation doctrine but also to Pauline apocalyptic. The result is that Barth's doctrine of justification is t susceptible to the same criticisms commonly brought against a judicial (forensic) reading, while his soteriology becomes more consistently forensic than that of the Reformation and points toward a different approach to the relationship between justification in Paul and the Protestant doctrine.
- Author BiographyShannon Nicole Smythe is a candidate for ordination in the' Presbyterian Church (USA), an adjunct instructor for Seattle Pacific University, and the author of Women in Ministry. She earned a PhD in theology from Princeton Theological Seminary. This volume is a revision of a dissertation completed at Princeton Theological Seminary.
- Author(s)Shannon Nicole Smythe
- PublisherFortress Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/05/2016
- SubjectReligious Studies: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleEmerging Scholars
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFortress Press,U.S.
- Weight499 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.