All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.83
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.78
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.22
- AU $67.69Trending at AU $74.92
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.87
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $46.99
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.40
About this product
- DescriptionAdolescents with developmental disabilities are a complex population who require specialised treatment and care. This interdisciplinary text examines the processes involved in working with this client group in forensic settings, and explores the ways in which their needs differ from those of other young people who engage in high risk behaviour or offending. The book covers assessment, intervention and treatment options for adolescents with a wide range of developmental disabilities, including autism spectrum disorders, acquired brain injury, developmental traumatology, and complex comorbidities. It describes the obstacles, challenges and opportunities to consider when working with this population, and the role played by various professionals, including forensic psychiatry and psychology, occupational therapy, physiotherapy, education, art psychotherapy and social work. The book also outlines the issues to consider when working in secure and community settings as well as the legal aspects of working with this client group, and the complex issues surrounding risk assessment. The first comprehensive account of forensic issues in adolescents with developmental disabilities, this book will be an indispensible primary resource for a wide range of professionals, including child and adolescent psychiatrists, community psychiatric nurses, developmental paediatricians, social workers and youth workers, lawyers and advocates.
- Author BiographyErnest Gralton is Consultant Forensic Psychiatrist in Adolescent Developmental Disabilities and Associate Medical Director for Developmental Psychiatry at St Andrew's Healthcare, Northampton.
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication15/08/2011
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Series TitleForensic Focus
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Content Note5 black and white photographs
- Weight517 g
- Width173 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byErnest Gralton
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.