All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $74.59Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.31Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $17.55Trending at AU $22.92
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $51.27
About this product
- DescriptionFresh research has opened up new vistas in forensic pathology that are allowing for closer national and international cooperation between pathologists and scientists in a range of medical and scientific disciplines. At the same time, autopsy and laboratory techniques are undergoing rapid evolution, with new procedures coming on stream while existing processes yield additional-and more accurate-results. This sixth volume of reviews in forensic pathology provides professionals working in the field with cutting-edge material on the latest key advances in the fields of traumatic death, sudden natural death and death time estimation. Now with numerous color illustrations, the book gives forensic experts across the world a fully up-to-date guide to contemporary procedures and theory in forensic science and medicine. The chapters cover an exhaustive range of aspects in the discipline, from the analysis of sudden natural deaths in infancy and childhood to the cardiac proteomics approach in the study of cases involving sudden cardiac death. Other specialist chapters deal with the forensic investigation of deaths in aviation and as a result of accidents involving all-terrain vehicles. The volume covers fresh research in the use of protein markers for the estimation of post-mortem intervals, and features a chapter telling the story of the medico-legal investigation into the deaths resulting from the 9-11 terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center. Comprehensive and current, this fresh volume of reviews is an essential resource for professionals who need to stay ahead of the game in a fast-moving and exciting field of scientific endeavor.
- PublisherHumana Press Inc.
- Date of Publication22/03/2011
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleForensic Pathology Reviews
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 6
- Place of PublicationTotowa, NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHumana Press Inc.
- Content Note41 black & white tables, biography
- Weight695 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byElisabeth E. Turk
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.