All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $73.04
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $83.25
- AU $11.53Trending at AU $16.34
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $15.45
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $21.57Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $11.47Trending at AU $14.27
About this product
- DescriptionDr. Walter Goins sat back in his chair as he looked at his computer screen. What it told him sent a shock through him. Dr. Goins was a world rewned biology professor and new-species researcher from the University of Manitoba. For months he had collected information from hundreds of documented encounters with the mysterious and legendary 'man of the forests' and w his computer models were showing him something he could dare to believe. Kwing he would receive only ridicule if he asked for funding from his University to hunt the illusive creature, Dr. Goins concocted a necessary deception, with the help of his protege, Dr. Rene Giraud, to initiate a project to find the creature, using his personal wealth to fund the effort. Six months later he would die from cancer, leaving his dream of discovering this previously undocumented and likely closest relative to Homo sapiens to his friend, Dr. Giraud. With hope of financial support from the university and with Dr. Goins w gone, Dr. Giraud would convince TAM Ventures, Inc.'s founder, Thomas Miles, to take on the project of capturing Homo silvanus - the Forest Man. A savvy professional who was as comfortable discussing biological evolution with a university professor as he was discussing hostage release terms with a Somali pirate, Thomas Miles would put together a team to find and capture the beast using the latest scientific methods and techlogy. When a close associate told him he would be famous if the project was successful, Thomas Miles responded, My goal is t famous, my goal is rich, thus setting into motion the age-old ethical dilemma of science versus financial gain. The search for their elusive prey will take many unexpected turns. Forest Man will test any preconceived tion you may have about the mysterious creature many people claim inhabits the vast wilderness of North America. The story reveals the problem a legitimate scientific enterprise would certainly face when presented with irrefutable evidence of the existence of the Forest Man.
- Author BiographyJ. Steve Biggs is a chemical engineer, by training, and the founder of a successful management consulting firm. He is married to the former Janet McCrary, and resides with his wife of 46 years on the Gulf Coast of Alabama. He is an expert in the design and operation of complex systems and processes. He enjoys solving perplexing problems utilizing skills honed sharp over many years and through many experiences.
- Author(s)J Steve Biggs
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication22/11/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight345 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.