All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $31.72Trending at AU $33.69
- AU $19.98Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $26.67Trending at AU $29.78
About this product
- DescriptionForests, Water and People in the Humid Tropics is the most comprehensive review available of the hydrological and physiological functioning of tropical rain forests, the environmental impacts of their disturbance and conversion to other land uses, and optimum strategies for managing them. The book brings together leading specialists in such diverse fields as tropical anthropology and human geography, environmental ecomics, climatology and meteorology, hydrology, geomorphology, plant and aquatic ecology, forestry and conservation agromy. The editors have supplemented the individual contributions with invaluable overviews of the main sections and provide key pointers for future research. Specialists will find authenticated detail in chapters written by experts on a whole range of people-water-land use issues, managers and practitioners will learn more about the implications of ongoing and planned forest conversion, while scientists and students will appreciate a unique review of the literature.
- Author BiographyMike Bonell is Chief of the Hydrological Processes and Climate Section at the UNESCO Division of Water Sciences. He is the managing series editor of the International Hydrology Series, and is leading editor of Hydrology and Water Management in the Humid Tropics (1993; Cambridge University Press). L. A. (Sampurno) Bruijnzeel is Senior Lecturer/Associate Professor of Eco-Hydrology at the Department of Hydrology and Geo-Environmental Sciences, Vrije Universiteit, Amsterdam. He is on the editorial boards of the Journal of Tropical Ecology, Hydrological Processes, and Land Use and Water Resources Research.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication01/10/2004
- SubjectEnvironment & Planning
- Series TitleInternational Hydrology Series
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note455 b/w illus. 12 colour illus. 120 tables
- Weight2790 g
- Width219 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine52 mm
- Edited byL. A. Bruijnzeel,Michael Bonell
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.