All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLily Bennett is less than thrilled to be the new kid as she starts her junior year in high school. But soon after classes begin, she meets a classmate, Cole Drepeau, with whom she forms an immediate and intimate bond. As Cole and Lily grow closer, Lily learns about the murder that divided the town more than thirty years before. In 1987, graduating senior Amber Greeley snapped, killing her boyfriend Ben-Cole's uncle-and taking her own life. Lily feels inexplicably linked to Amber, and she can't help but think that there's more to the girl's story. Determined to investigate the truth about Cole's uncle's death, Lily and Cole are pulled into a dark mystery-one that shakes the constraints of the world they've always believed in. Masterfully told by best-selling author Victoria Laurie, this vel alternates voices between Lily and Amber, a generation apart, as decades of dark family secrets and treacherous betrayals are woven into the most epic of love stories. <strong>Praise for When Laurie's debut for teens is quite an accomplishment...The character development is just as riveting as the plot in this well-constructed thriller. -<em>Kirkus Reviews</em> This excellent book is a must-have for all libraries, especially where suspense and teen-life fiction is hot. This vel will provide crossover appeal to both older teens and adults. -<em>VOYA</em> [T]he vel packs in plenty of fast-paced, nail-biting fun, perfect for fans of Barnes' The Naturals series. -<em>Bulletin of the Center for Children's Books</em> The plot is filled with false turns, which will keep readers engaged until the surprising ending. -<em>School Library Journal</em>
- Author BiographyVictoria Laurie is the <em>New York Times</em> best-selling author of the critically acclaimed YA thriller <em>When, </em>and also writes extensively for the adult paranormal mystery genre. She currently lives and works in a quaint little suburb in Michigan where she provides food, love, and shelter to a lippy parrot named Doc and a ginger-colored pup named Ember. To find out more about her and her books, please visit victorialaurie.com.
- Author(s)Victoria Laurie
- Date of Publication13/12/2016
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight544 g
- Width146 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $17.00Trending at AU $18.75
- AU $12.13Trending at AU $18.49
- AU $14.96Trending at AU $23.26
- AU $9.34Trending at AU $15.64
- AU $10.36Trending at AU $14.56
- AU $10.15Trending at AU $11.84
- AU $20.68Trending at AU $23.69
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.