All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book explores 'young adult' fictions - stories about being young, staying young and sometimes never wanting to grow up. Looking at controversial vels by Francesca Lia Block, at sex and 'race' in <i>Buffy the Vampire Slayer</i>, and at the online world of fans and censors, Chris Richards argues that attempts to classify and regulate what counts as 'young adult' have failed, and shows how youth - as intense, exciting and tormented - draws audiences unconstrained by age. Throughout the book, the narratives of life as lived by the young emerge as the stuff of the 'self' - made and remade in reading, watching and listening. Fascinating and accessible, <i>Forever Young</i> will be of particular interest to students and teachers concerned with contemporary popular culture in cultural, media, literature and education studies courses.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Chris Richards is Reader in Education at London Metropolitan University. He has a Ph.D. in media education from the University of London, and is the author of Teen Spirits: Music and Identity in Media Education (1998).
- Author(s)Chris Richards
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/09/2008
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleIntersections in Communications & Culture
- Series Part/Volume Number20
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight260 g
- Width230 mm
- Height160 mm
- Edition Statement1st New edition
Save on Textbooks
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $37.71
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $58.40
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.22
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.32
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $39.61
- AU $11.31Trending at AU $14.70
- AU $25.62Trending at AU $32.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.