Forever in My Heart: The Story of My Battle Against Cancer by Jade Goody (Paperback, 2009)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $28.22+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $7.99Free postage
- Acceptable condition
- Sold by sunrisebookshop
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.33Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $70.29Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $73.79Trending at AU $76.54
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $40.75Trending at AU $42.35
About this product
- DescriptionJade's heart-breaking diary of her fight against terminal cancer and her final precious months with her beloved family. In August 2008 Jade Goody received the shattering news that she had cervical cancer. She was only 27 years old. But with her usual strength of character, Jade was determined to beat the disease and carry on with life as rmal with her two little boys Bobby and Freddy. Neither the chemotherapy, which left her weak and bald, or the hysterectomy that crushed her dreams of having a little girl, could break Jade's sunny personality or her fierce refusal to be a victim. But in February 2009, Jade received the tragic news that any mother dreads to hear: she was going to be torn from her beloved sons. The cancer had spread and was untreatable. Fully updated with new material from her family, Forever In My Heart is Jade's final 'love letter' to her two little boys. Covering her initial diagsis while appearing on Celebrity Big Brother in India, their emotional last Christmas as a family, her magical wedding to her partner Jack Tweed and her dying wish to see be christened with her boys, Jade's heart-breaking diary of her final months is set against a backdrop of flashbacks to her difficult early years, her rise to fame in the Big Brother house and those moments of joy and laughter as the nation's darling. It is the powerful story of a young mother's brave fight against a terminal disease, her unique humour, her determination to provide for her sons and her fierce desire to leave a legacy which might prevent other young women being torn from their families in the prime of life. A percentage of profits from the book will be donated to Marie Curie Cancer Care.
- Author BiographyBorn and bred in Bermondsey, the former dental nurse became a national treasure when she entered the Big Brother house in 2002. She constantly appeared in magazines and on TV as well becoming a mother to two young boys, Bobby and Freddy. Tragically, in August 2008 Jade, aged only 27, was diagnosed with cervical cancer. Despite undergoing extensive chemotherapy, Jade discovered the cancer was untreatable. She married the love of her life, Jack Tweed, in February 2009 but on Mother's Day, 22 March 2009, Jade lost her brave fight to cancer and died at home surrounded by her family.
- Author(s)Jade Goody
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication12/11/2009
- SubjectAutobiography: The Arts
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHarperCollins Publishers Ltd
- Content Note(3x8pp plates)
- Weight340 g
- Width130 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.