All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.90Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.55
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.18
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.85
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $79.99
About this product
- DescriptionThis chrologically organized book is the first to provide comprehensive coverage of forfeits and successful protests of major league baseball games, educating the reader on the rules and prevailing styles of play at the time that each of the games was played. In addition to the date, location, and source information, this work provides capsule biographies of many of the principal characters involved (including, for instance, the obscure one-game umpire who perpetrated the first forfeited game in major league history in 1871).
- Author BiographyDavid Nemec, a baseball historian, novelist, and playwright, has published six novels and authored or coauthored more than 30 books on baseball. The recipient of the Sporting News Research Award, he lives in Eastport, New York. Eric Miklich is an authority on baseball rules and the game as it existed in the 19th century. He lives in North Babylon, New York.
- Author(s)David Nemec
- PublisherMcFarland & Co Inc
- Date of Publication02/05/2014
- SubjectBall Games: Field & Outdoor
- Place of PublicationJefferson, NC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcFarland & Co Inc
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.