All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.96
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
About this product
- DescriptionOn the 26 June 2013, Texas state senator Wendy Davis became an overnight political sensation and a hero to womens' rights supporters across the country. Davis stood and spoke on the floor of the state legislature for nearly 11 hours to run out the clock on a sweeping bill that aimed to close all but five abortion clinics in Texas. Now, Davis is making a serious run to become the first Democratic goverr of Texas in nearly two decades. With her singular narrative and tremendously exciting political future, this is bound to be the political memoir of the year.
- Author BiographyWENDY DAVIS was the 2014 Democratic candidate for Governor of Texas. She has represented Fort Worth in the Texas Senate and previously served on the Fort Worth city council.In June 2013, she held a historic eleven-hour filibuster to block legislation that would create harsh abortion restrictions on Texas women.
- Author(s)Wendy Davis
- PublisherPenguin Putnam Inc
- Date of Publication27/08/2015
- SubjectAutobiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight276 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine19 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.