All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $23.42
- AU $30.21Trending at AU $34.60
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.13Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $97.89
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
About this product
- DescriptionThis book offers a new perspective for research in the field of bilingual education by proposing an integrated approach to the study of bilingualism in mirity and majority settings. Programmes for indigeus groups, for national mirities and for migrants are analysed together with programmes aimed at dominant language groups, by well-kwn scholars from eight different countries in Europe and the Americas. Each contribution seeks to go beyond the traditional dichotomy between policy, practice and research into bilingual education programmes for majority language speakers, and modalities offered for mirity language speakers. Thus, the book argues for the construction of a shared discourse for research into bilingualism and bilingual education and for the adoption of an ecological perspective on language education.
- Author BiographyChristine Helot is a professor of English and a teacher educator at the University of Strasbourg in France (Institut Universitaire de Formation des Maitres d'Alsace). She is the coordinator of a research programme on plurilingualism, intercultural education, and language learning. Anne-Marie de Mejia works in the Centre for Research and Development in Education at Universidad de los Andes, Bogota, Colombia. She has a Ph. D in Linguistics in the area of Bilingual Education. Her research interests include bilingual classroom interaction, process of teacher empowerment and bilingual teacher development.
- PublisherChannel View Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication15/06/2008
- Series TitleBilingual Education and Bilingualism
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMultilingual Matters
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight429 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byAnne-Marie De Mejia,Christine Helot
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.