All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMichael Moore is America's most visible left winger a man whose inflammatory documentaries and muckraking books have led the charge against corporate greed, the war in Iraq, and the Bush administration. Yet some on the left have all but blamed Moore's sarcastic humor and in-your-face agitprop style for the defeat of the Democrats in 2004. In this balanced appraisal, Jesse Larner examines Moore's career in the context of the larger fight against conservative domination of our political and media institutions. Larner looks at how Moore's films and books have influenced the left's agenda, at the controversies over his presentation of facts, and at the ways in which his tactics could help or hurt the chances of the Democratic Party in the next election cycle. Jesse Larner (New York, NY) is a writer whose work has been featured on NPR and the Nation.
- Author BiographyJESSE LARNER is a graduate of the School of International and Public Affairs at Columbia University. He is the author of Mount Rushmore: An Icon Reconsidered, and his work has been featured on NPR, BBC Radio, and Radio Nation. He has appeared in several documentary films on American politics. He lives in New York City.
- Author(s)Jesse Larner
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication07/11/2006
- SubjectBiography: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Weight497 g
- Width164 mm
- Height237 mm
- Spine26 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.93
- AU $23.60Trending at AU $29.65
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $47.93
- AU $30.86Trending at AU $32.07
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.73
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.