Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionIllustrated with real-life manufacturing examples, Formal Methods in Manufacturing provides state-of-the-art solutions to common problems in manufacturing systems. Assuming some kwledge of discrete event systems theory, the book first delivers a detailed introduction to the most important formalisms used for the modeling, analysis, and control of manufacturing systems (including Petri nets, automata, and max-plus algebra), explaining the advantages of each formal method. It then employs the different formalisms to solve specific problems taken from today's industrial world, such as modeling and simulation, supervisory control (including deadlock prevention) in a distributed and/or decentralized environment, performance evaluation (including scheduling and optimization), fault diagsis and diagsability analysis, and reconfiguration. Containing chapters written by leading experts in their respective fields, Formal Methods in Manufacturing helps researchers and application engineers handle fundamental principles and deal with typical quality goals in the design and operation of manufacturing systems.
- Author BiographyJavier Campos, Ph.D is professor of computer science at the University of Zaragoza, Spain. He has supervised the completion of 100 master theses and three Ph.D theses. He has also been co-chair of the IEEE IES Technical Sub-Committee on Industrial Automated Systems and Controls and associate editor of IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics. His research interests include modeling and performance evaluation of distributed and concurrent systems, Petri nets, software performance engineering, and performance modeling of manufacturing and telecommunication systems. He has co-authored over 90 papers published in refereed journals and conferences across the world. Carla Seatzu, Ph.D is associate professor of automatic control at the University of Cagliari, Italy. Her research interests include discrete-event systems, hybrid systems, Petri nets, and manufacturing and networked control systems. She has published over 150 papers and one textbook on these topics. She has also served as general co-chair of the 18th IEEE International Conference on Emerging Technology and Factory Automation, and is currently associate editor of IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control and Nonlinear Analysis: Hybrid, the Conference Editorial Board of the IEEE Control System Society, and the IEEE Robotics and Automation Society. Xiaolan Xie, Ph.D is professor of industrial engineering, the head of the Department of Healthcare Engineering, and the head of the IEOR team of CNRS UMR 6158 LIMOS for Ecole Nationale Superieure des Mines, Saint Etienne, France. He is also chair professor and director of the Center for Healthcare Engineering at the Shanghai Jiao Tong University, People's Republic of China. His recent work has focused on design, operations management, and performance evaluation of healthcare and manufacturing systems and their supply chains. He has authored/coauthored over 250 publications, including more than 90 journal articles and five books.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication26/02/2014
- SubjectMechanical Engineering
- Series TitleIndustrial Information Technology
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note303 black & white illustrations, 63 black & white tables
- Weight1406 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine43 mm
- Edited byCarla Seatzu,Javier Campos,Xiaolan Xie
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.