All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- Description'A unique blend of scholarly research-based principles of effective formative assessment with practical suggestions for use in the classroom. The authors show how the essence of formative assessment is in teachers' responses to the substance students' understandings, with a focus on how teachers can use pedagogical strategies to move students forward toward important learning outcomes. I highly recommend the book for both researchers and practitioners. It is an engaging, in-depth, sophisticated treatment of formative assessment.' - James H. McMillan, Virginia Commonwealth University Formative Assessment (AFL) supplies the strategy to support effective teaching, and to make learning deep and sustained. This book shows how to develop your planning for learner-centred day-to-day teaching and learning situations through an understanding of formative teaching, learning and assessment. Within each chapter, based on real teaching situations, the strategies of the 'formative assessment toolkit' are identified and analysed: * guided group teaching * differentiation * observation & evidence elicitation * analysis & feedback * co-construction * reflective planning * self-regulation * dialogue & dialogic strategies. The principles set out in this book can be applied to any age or stage in education, but will be particularly useful to current practising teachers, students following international and national teacher training courses; CPD or in-service work; and MEd and MA post-graduate assessment/teaching and learning modules.
- Author BiographyProfessor Bill Boyle holds the chair of Educational Assessment and is Director of the centre for formative assessment studies(CFAS) in the school of Education at the University of Manchester, UK. The CFAs is the oldest research centre(founded 1988) in the UK for supporting teachers, teacher trainers, schools and policy makers in using formative teaching, learning and assessment and is involved in supporting the development of formative assessment in UK and in many countries around the globe. Professor Boyle and his co-author, Marie Charles, publish their research work in academic and practitioner journals, present at international conferences and workshops, and design and support developments in formative teaching, learning and assessment. Currently, they are work-ing with colleagues in Russia, Armenia, Oman, Saudi Arabia and the USA on understanding, training and using formative strategies for more effec-tive teaching and learning. Marie Charles is a teacher, formative assessment researcher and consultant, and an author whose work demonstrates that she believes passionately in the learner (rather than measurement or grading) being at the centre of the education process - a belief that she carries into her classroom practice.
- Author(s)Bill Boyle,Marie Charles
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication05/11/2013
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight567 g
- Width170 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.