All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.50Trending at AU $75.22
- AU $143.50Trending at AU $152.67
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $56.19
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.58
- AU $20.94Trending at AU $25.80
- AU $20.25Trending at AU $22.04
About this product
- DescriptionThis work is a Poetry Book Society recommended translation. Forms of Distance is Bei Dao's second bilingual collection since his enforced exile from China in 1989. Michael Hofmann described the first, Old Sw , as 'the work of one of the great poets of our time', and John Cayley wrote in the Times Literary Supplement that 'in a sense he is the only contemporary Chinese poet who is kwable for the n-specialist...we can hear the maturing poetic voice of a highly talented, individual Chinese writer.'
- Author BiographyBei Dao was born in 1949, and was first nominated for the Nobel Prize in 1993. His other collections in English and published by Anvil are 'The August Sleepwalker' (1988), 'Old Snow' (1992) and 'Landscape Over Zero' (1998). David Hinton studied Chinese at Cornell University. As well as two of Bei Dao's Anvil collections, he has translated 'The Selected Poems of Tu Fu' (1990) and 'The Selected Poems of Li Po' (1998), both also published by Anvil. He lives in Vermont.
- Author(s)Bei Dao
- PublisherCarcanet Press Ltd
- Date of Publication18/06/1992
- Languagechi, eng
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationManchester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAnvil Press Poetry
- Weight159 g
- Width138 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Translated byDavid Hinton
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.