All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA rocky coast along the sea of Japan; an immense plain of rice fields in the sw; Mount Fuji towering over misty wooded hills; silent temples devoid of people but brimming with Buddhist deities; a Torii gate mysteriously emerging from moving clouds and water-these are a few images from this remarkable collection of photographs by Michael Kenna, whose black-and-white work is highly rewned. Forms of Japan, brilliantly designed by Yvonne Meyer-Lohr, is organised into chapters simply titled, Sea, Land, Trees, Spirit, and Sky. The quietly evocative photographs, often paired with classic haiku poems of Basho, Buson, Issa and others, provide a contemplative portrait of a country better-kwn for its energy and industry. Gorgeously reproduced to convey the ermous subtleties that exist in Michael Kenna's traditional black-and-white silver prints, the photographs in this book include both well-kwn and previously unpublished images from all corners of Japan: Hokkaido, Honshu, Kyushu, Okinawa and Shikoku.
- Author BiographyMichael Kenna is a world-renowned photographer and artist based in Seattle, USA. Yvonne Meyer-Lohr is a designer and author based in Dusseldorf, Germany.
- Author(s)Yvonne Meyer-Lohr
- Date of Publication20/08/2015
- SubjectPeople & Places: General
- Place of PublicationMunich
- Country of PublicationGermany
- Content Note240 duotone
- Weight2336 g
- Width290 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine33 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.53Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.11
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $102.82
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $84.79
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.69
- AU $46.31Trending at AU $47.88
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $83.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.