Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.34Trending at AU $49.62
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.74
- AU $28.59Trending at AU $31.14
- AU $70.29Trending at AU $77.45
- AU $73.85Trending at AU $76.83
- AU $35.46Trending at AU $39.18
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.70
About this product
- DescriptionThis collection of formulas has been written by applied scientists and industrial engineers for design professionals and students who work in engineering acoustics. It is subdivided into the most important fields of applied acoustics, each dealing with a well-defined type of problem. It provides easy and rapid access to profound and comprehensive information. In order to keep the text as concise as possible, the derivation of a formula is described only as far as necessary for its understanding. The interested reader can refer to the original source of the result. In addition to formulas, useful principles and computational procedures are given.
- Author BiographyProfessor Dr. F. P. Mechel, born in 1930 in Blickweiler, Germany, studied Applied Physics in Mainz, Heidelberg, and Goettingen. After his doctoral thesis (1959) he worked for many years as a researcher, first in Applied Physics and later in Acoustics. In 1971 he became a professor at Saarland University. At the same time he was head of the R&D department of a major corporation. In 1977 he became the Head of the Fraunhofer Institute for Building Physics in Stuttgart, where he retired in 1990. Since 1990 Professor Mechel has been an active hobby scientist. F. P. Mechel is author of numerous articles, six books as well as co-author and co-editor of four handbooks on Acoustics.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication25/06/2008
- SubjectMechanical Engineering
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Notebiography
- Weight1905 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine51 mm
- Edited byF. P. Mechel
- Contained items statement2 Hardbacks
- Edition Statement2nd ed. 2008
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.