Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $23.95Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by expressbooksaustralia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIt's the 1960s and the world of advertising is coming alive - and it's an exciting world to be part of. Simon Wong, a Chinese-Australian and promising young advertising executive, is sent to Singapore to establish an office. He finds himself thrust into an environment that is at once strangely familiar and profoundly different; one where the rules that govern behaviour - both in business and in personal life - differ wildly from what he is used to. And where all is t what it appears to be. Under the veneer of the commercial world lie some shocking truths - of people smuggling, drug trafficking and murder. And Mercy B. Lord, the woman Simon falls for, is caught up in it. From wartime Asian comfort houses to CIA spy rings, Bryce Courtenay takes us on a thrilling journey with a great love story at its heart.
- Author BiographyBryce Courtenay is the bestselling author of The Power of One, Tandia, April Fool's Day, The Potato Factory, Tommo & Hawk, Solomon's Song, Jessica, A Recipe for Dreaming, The Family Frying Pan, The Night Country, Smoky Joe's Cafe, Four Fires, Matthew Flinders' Cat, Brother Fish, Whitethorn, Sylvia, The Persimmon Tree, Fishing for Stars and The Story of Danny Dunn. The Power of One is also available in an edition for younger readers, and Jessica has been made into an award-winning television miniseries. Bryce Courtenay lives in the Southern Highlands, New South Wales.
- Author(s)Bryce Courtenay
- PublisherPenguin Books Australia
- Date of Publication15/11/2010
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationHawthorn
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintViking Australia
- Weight804 g
- Width161 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine49 mm
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
Most relevant reviews
- hennybhelen14 Jun, 2013by
This is Courtenay at his best.
This is Courtenay at his best, a great book, hard to put down. A good quality read about love and racial conflict set in the time of the Vietnam war. Drugs, sex, money and the CIA all keep you captivated right to the last page. A thoroughly enjoyable reading experience.
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $78.50
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $71.11
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.59
- AU $70.94Trending at AU $76.22
- AU $17.65Trending at AU $20.83
- AU $16.58Trending at AU $22.43
- AU $12.65Trending at AU $18.66