All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.42
- AU $27.81Trending at AU $30.93
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $26.96
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $32.03
- AU $71.17Trending at AU $80.38
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.78
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.13
About this product
- DescriptionThis comprehensive mograph captures the fashions, art, and fantasy of one of the world s most original fashion designers. Maria Fortuny is an exceptional figure in the history of art and design. Born in Spain and raised in Paris, he is most associated with Venice he was often called the magician of Venice where he lived and worked at the legendary Palazzo Fortuny until his death in 1949. Fortuny excelled t only in fashion, but also as a painter, printmaker, photographer, textile designer, set designer, lighting engineer, and inventor all covered in-depth in the book. However, Fortuny s creativity has had its most enduring legacy in the fashion world, and this comprehensive mograph includes much archival and previously unpublished material. Inspired by classical antiquity, Fortuny s legendary designs were fashion s first step toward modernity. His dresses featured finely pleated silks, often adorned with glass beads or similar objects, which flowed seductively over the female form, revealing its natural curves. His velvet capes were instantly popular, and the Delphos gown was favored by table clients such as Eleara Duse and Isadora Duncan. Fortuny s designs remain the ultimate example of fashion as art and continue to inspire twenty-first-century designers.
- Author BiographyGuillermo de Osma is an art historian, founder of the eponymous gallery in Madrid, and the world s foremost specialist on Mariano Fortuny. He is also professor at Spain s Instituto Superior de Moda and has written numerous articles and books.
- Author(s)Guillermo De Osma
- PublisherSkira Rizzoli
- Date of Publication16/02/2016
- SubjectBiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSkira Rizzoli
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight2449 g
- Width254 mm
- Height318 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.