Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.86
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.95
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.10
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $28.23
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.31
About this product
- DescriptionJan Prebble was for 42 years the mistress of John Prebble, the writer acclaimed in Scotland for his histories of Glencoe, Culloden and The Highland Clearance, while elsewhere his best kwn work is the block buster film, Zulu for which he wrote the script. This is t an autobiography written in chrological order but a series of snapshots of a great hot-fired love affair, portraying with humour and feeling some of the difficulties of being a mistress in the days when unmarried couples were t acceptable, the ruses they had to adopt and the extraordinary situations they found themselves in. More than that it takes in t only Jan's own celebrity-interviewing life as a Fleet Street journalist, DJ-protecting days as PRO to Capital Radio and finally her time working for the Prince of Wales, but also fascinating examples of John's unpublished letters, serious and flippant, historical and romantic. It includes untold stories behind his many books and a vivid description of how an author feels when he finishes writing one. The whole story is enhanced by tales of John's sense of fun unexpected perhaps in a man who wrote so eruditely about history.
- Author(s)Jan Prebble
- Date of Publication15/11/2013
- SubjectBiography: General
- Place of PublicationBloomington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight417 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine16 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.