Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.50Trending at AU $75.22
- AU $143.50Trending at AU $152.67
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $56.19
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.58
- AU $20.94Trending at AU $25.80
- AU $20.25Trending at AU $22.04
About this product
- DescriptionExcerpt from Forty Years of Edison Service, 1882-1922: Outlining the Growth and Development of the Edison System in New York City We have been very fortunate in securing, for the preparation of this volume, the service of one who has been closely identified with the electrical growth of the past forty years; one who is, of all, best acquainted with the life work of the great inventor; one who has contributed in small measure to the development of the industry through his untiring effort, the clearness and breadth of his vision and the agency of his gifted pen. In reviewing the history of these forty years, the purpose has been t to present an engineering or technical review, but rather to record some reminiscences and portray the progress of the period largely from the human standpoint, indicating how - as opportunity has risen - Edison's earliest achievements have grown, and adapted themselves to the ever-increasing demands of an appreciative public. The author brings into this volume so much of his enthusiastic admiration for the master mind of our industry and his intimate acquaintance with the subject, that our own part of the undertaking has been of the lightest nature. In this tribute to the great accomplishments of Edison in the Central Station field we add our appreciation and sense of obligation to the writer of this volume - Mr T Commerford Martin. About the Publisher Forgotten Books publishes hundreds of thousands of rare and classic books. Find more at www.forgottenbooks.com This book is a reproduction of an important historical work. Forgotten Books uses state-of-the-art techlogy to digitally reconstruct the work, preserving the original format whilst repairing imperfections present in the aged copy. In rare cases, an imperfection in the original, such as a blemish or missing page, may be replicated in our edition. We do, however, repair the vast majority of imperfections successfully; any imperfections that remain are intentionally left to preserve the state of such historical works.
- Author(s)Unknown Author
- PublisherForgotten Books
- Date of Publication27/09/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectElectronics Engineering & Communications Engineering
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintForgotten Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight268 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.