Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $23.46
- AU $30.21Trending at AU $34.66
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $14.03
- AU $21.13Trending at AU $25.62
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.98
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $98.05
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.03
About this product
- DescriptionThis title offers a new, reformatted and updated edition of this popular title which is suitable for experts and armchair enthusiasts alike. Fossils: A Photographic Field Guide will appeal to anyone interested in uncovering the many mysteries of the subject. Easy to use, highly informative and illustrated throughout with amazing colour photographs, this title covers all classifications of fossils, with more than 190 fossils from around the world featured. Information given for each fossil includes its genus name, the main identifying characteristics of the genus, its maximum or average size, information about its occurrence, and general information pertaining to either the genus or the particular specimen featured. A quick reference guide to the geological range of each genus is also included in the form of an icon, which sits beside each genus name. Box features are peppered throughout the book, providing information on a number of topics relevant to a featured fossil's family or order. A geological timescale is also provided, to help the reader to gain a sense of temporal perspective, and also to complete the identification process. An easy-to-use, clear recognition guide, this book cuts through the complexities of fossil identification, making the process straightforward and simple.
- Author BiographyChris and Helen Pellant are based in North Yorkshire and they began writing books together in the 1980s. They have written a number of earth science books, and also run their own photographic library (www.picsandwords.com). They are keen conservationists, studying and recording everything from plants and lepidoptera to marine life.
- Author(s)Chris Pellant,Helen Pellant
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication04/04/2013
- SubjectNatural History: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintNew Holland Publishers Ltd
- Out-of-print date12/11/2016
- Content Note180 colour photographs
- Weight374 g
- Width118 mm
- Height180 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.