All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $71.44
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.89
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $70.83
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.55
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.04
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.67
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.44
About this product
- DescriptionAccessible, practical, and empowering, this book gives school professionals the tools to put students in charge of their own learning. Going beyond traditional study skills guides that focus on the mechanics of homework completion and test taking, the authors address the underlying psychological factors that influence academic success and lifelong learning. They provide step-by-step guidance and data-based interventions for helping each student develop a repertoire of problem-solving strategies in the areas of motivation, emotional responses to learning, behavior, time management, organization, memory, reading, writing, math, and more. In a large-size format with lay-flat binding to facilitate photocopying, the volume includes dozens of reproducible handouts and forms. This book is in The Guilford Practical Intervention in the Schools Series.
- Author BiographyVirginia Smith Harvey, PhD, is a professor and director of the School Psychology Program at the University of Massachusetts Boston, and was a school psychologist and supervisor in Indiana and New Hampshire for 18 years. Her research interests include study skills, increasing student resilience, and issues relating to the professional development of school psychologists. Dr. Harvey received her doctorate in educational/school psychology from Indiana University, is past president of the New Hampshire Association of School Psychologists, and is a fellow in Division 16 of the American Psychological Association. She frequently gives presentations and workshops at national conferences, is the author of numerous articles and book chapters, and is coauthor with J. A. Struzziero of Effective Supervision in School Psychology. Louise A. Chickie-Wolfe, PhD, is currently a teacher of fifth-grade general education, special education, and gifted/talented students in Munster, Indiana. She was an educational/behavioral consultant, coordinator, and special education teacher of children with learning disabilities and/or emotional-behavioral disorders for 27 years, and twice was named Outstanding Teacher of the Year. Dr. Chickie-Wolfe has been cited as a Professionally Recognized Special Educator for Special Education Teaching by the Council for Exceptional Children. She received her doctorate in education and human development from Vanderbilt University and is the author of educational books and materials for teachers, administrators, and parents, including Cognitive Nourishment: Life-Changing Affirmations for the Savvy Teacher. For 30 years Dr. Chickie-Wolfe has been an adjunct faculty member at Purdue University Calumet, teaching graduate-level special education and general education courses. She is a private-practice consultant and has presented numerous workshops and seminars throughout the United States and in England.
- Author(s)Louise A. Chickie-Wolfe,Virginia Smith Harvey
- PublisherGuilford Publications
- Date of Publication19/04/2007
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleGuilford Practical Intervention in the Schools
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGuilford Publications
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight632 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.