All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.80
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.66
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.34
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.85
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.19
About this product
- DescriptionThe reception of Michel Foucault's work in the social sciences and humanities has been phemenal. Foucault's concepts and methodology have encouraged new approaches to old problems and opened up new lines of enquiry. This book assesses the contribution of Foucault's work to research and thinking in the area of health and medicine, and shows how key researchers in the sociology of health and illness are currently engaging with his ideas. Foucault, Health and Medicine explores such important issues as: Foucault's concept of 'discourse', the critique of the 'medicalization' thesis, the analysis of the body and the self, Foucault's concept of 'bio-power' in the analysis of health education, the implications of Foucault's ideas for feminist research on embodiment and gendered subjectivities, the application of Foucault's tion of governmentality to the analysis of health policy, health promotion, and the consumption of health. Foucault, Health and Medicine offers a 'state of the art' overview of Foucaldian scholarship in the area of health and medicine. It will provide a key reference for both students and researchers working in the areas of medical sociology, health policy, health promotion and feminist studies.
- Author BiographyAlan Petersen is Senior Lecturer in Sociology at the University of Murdoch, Western Australia. Robin Bunton, is Senior Lecturer in Social Policy at the University of Teesside, Middlesbrough.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication24/04/1997
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight362 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byAlan Peterson,Alan R. Petersen,Robin Bunton
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.